We had Rylee's first parent/teacher meeting this week at her day school. I love the fact that they do this! It makes me feel like they really care about the kids education and development and are not just "watching" them like some child care facilities. Basically Rylee's teacher went over tests that they did at the beginning of the year and compared them to the same tests done recently. Overall she did fantastic. She counts to 18 on her own without any mistakes, can recognize all but about 6 letters of the alphabet. When the teacher showed Rylee the letter "T" she couldn't say that it was a "T" but she told her it was what "Tucker" started with. That made me laugh. I was like "yea, um that would be our dog". ha ha She knew all colors and shapes and was satisfactory in all coordination, language, social, emotional, physical, auditory and visual categories! Her teacher said under comments " Rylee has shown vast improvement academically & socially. I am very proud of her. She listens in class and follows instructions well. She is ready for Pre-K". :)
Parker is getting 2 bottom teeth now. He doesn't seem too phased by it but he knows they are there. I notice him doing different things with his tongue as if he realizes something is there that wasn't there before. He is not overly consistent with his night sleeping patterns. It is either up at 2:30, 3, 5:30 or 6:30. UG I am SO READY for him to just sleep through the night on a normal basis. The problem is he gets tired around 6:30 and if I put him down for a cat nap he just sleeps through until 2am or so. He will have a bottle and go back down until 7am. This isn't that big of a deal but I need to figure out how to have him nap from like 3 to 5pm so he can go to bed closer to 8:30. It is very hard to "plan" his naps when 3 days out of the week we have to leave the house twice to go drop off/pick up Rylee from school, not to mention I HAVE to run errands while she is there. This is not something I can just not do just so we can be home and he can sleep at the same exact time everyday in his crib. The books say to do it but it is very UNREALISTIC! SO my point is that when I am in the car I can not control him falling asleep so when we get home he is already napped and up ready to play. The timing is all OFF. Sounds silly but it makes or breaks the day and it is much more challenging than it appears! Anyway Parker is all over the place via army crawl or his walker. He LOVES his walker and follows me all over the house. It is so dang cute!!! I can just hear the rollers on the tile while he explores the house. I can't believe he is so good at it.
I was vacuuming the other day and he was actually chasing the vacuum cleaner. VERY different from his big sis who still runs and hides when I turn it on.
No comments:
Post a Comment