Monday, January 16, 2012

HELLLLLO 2012

Well 2012 is here?  Really?  2012???  I can't believe how fast time goes by.  My whole adolescence I was told over and over to enjoy every second, stop rushing to grow up, live in the now.  I am pretty sure I rolled my eyes each and every time someone said anything along those lines, yet here I sit writing about how time goes by too fast. I remember so much about age 5 and being in Kingergarten so it is strange for me to think that Rylee's memories will most likely start at about this age.  All I keep thinking is I hope I don't damage her in some way!  She will watch our actions, responses to things and how we treat others.  I hope we can mold her into a strong independent and kind person by the time it is all said and done  but it is scary to think it is all based on how we parent her!!!  That is a lot of responsibility!!! :) 

We had a great Christmas and the kids ended up with WAY too many toys as usual! I did manage to get Rylee to give up a few to donate to kids in need this year!  Last year she had a total melt down at the thought of giving anything up.  It was so nice to catch up with all of our family (some of which we only see once a year).  We are so blessed to have such amazing aunts, uncles and grandparents!
I was lucky enough to have off work the week before and week after Christmas to finish up shopping and spend time with the kids while they were off school.  Adam even took the week after Christmas off so we could spend time with the kids. 

Pop Pop reading Twas the Night Before Christmas

My pretty girl!!!

The Smith Family

Christmas Day at Granna & Pop Pop's

Ry's new doll house

Easy bake oven that turns out to be NOT so easy!

JP's new John Deer Tractor

Christmas morning at home

The Tuesday after Christmas we went up to Woodville for the day.  John has some land there and we have been meaning to go for a while now.  The kids had so much fun running around and riding on Pop Pop's tractor and riding on the mule.  Adam and I did too!  It is so neat that we have places like that to take the kids. 

Deck of Pop Pop's barn

Rylee's first time on a tractor... Dads first time to drive


Mom's first time to drive a tractor :)

Pop Pop was so happy the kids got to ride

We spent New Years Eve with our best buds The Knott's and The Rentfro's.  The kids are all getting so big so fast and playing so well together. Parker has finally caught up with them and now gets to do what they do instead of watching from the side lines.  The Rentfro's are about to move to Dallas which makes us incredibly sad but we know it is going to be a good move for them and are happy for their new adventure.  We will miss them but know we will make it a point to visit every chance we get!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Move to Dallas.
    Sincerely,
    An anonymous friend..............



    (this is my attempt at sending subliminal messages).
    ps/. I love the pics!!!

    ReplyDelete