This past Thursday the kids had their Easter party at school. They hunted candy filled eggs and saw the Easter Bunny. I was shocked to hear that Rylee sat on the Easter Bunny's lap! She has always been very fearful of any life size characters especially Santa! Later that day she asked us if the Easter Bunny is a real bunny or like in a bunny costume. Adam said, "well, like in a bunny costume". Then she said "I guess the one at school today was not real because I saw his socks". I think that is hilarious for some reason. Parker also got to sit on the Easter Bunny's lap but acccording to the picture I saw was not a happy camper.
Rylee's 5th birthday fell on Good Friday this year which is odd because usually it falls a few weeks after Easter. We let her open her gifts from us the night before since we had such a busy weekend planed. She got a pink lego set, charm necklace, Rapunzel pj's, costume, shoes and wig (which she wanted to wear to her Rapunzel theamed party the next day) and a set of small golf clubs. Adam is going to teach her how to play golf! Adam was able to take off a half day on Friday and we went over to Nonny and Pop Pop's (aka John and Lisa) house to swim. Rylee and Parker both got Easter baskets from them filled with swim suits and pool toys. Parker got a floaty suit that is perfect for helping him learn how to swim. It has arm floaties and a chest float so it holds him up in such a way that we can even let go of him while he is in the water. It was a perfect day and the kids had a blast! Rylee got a baseball bat, glove, ball and tee ball set from her Unc (aka Andrew). It is all pink and purple of course ;) I really want her to play tee-ball this Fall so hopefully we can get her practicing and excited about it this summer.
| Reid playin it cool at the princess party! |
The next day was the Rapunzel party. Our friends The Rentfro's came up to stay the night a day early so we were lucky to have their help setting up. About 20 kids showed up as well as a surprise guest. There was a knock at the door and when we opened it, there was Rapunzel! She came in singing and Rylee immediately yelled "RAPUNZEL"! She even gave her a big hug. Our little girl is really coming out of her shell ;) Later that day Rylee said "why wasn't her hair glowing like in the movie"? Adam was like "uhhh well because it was light outside". ???? She seemed satisfied with that answer so we left it at that. Anyway the party was a hit. Rapunzel had all the kids playing games, dancing, she put make up on the girls and tatoos on the boys, read a book, crowned Rylee as Princess for the day and even helped us sing happy birthday when it was time for cake. I could not have been happier about the job Rapunzel did. All the kids were in awe and so into everything she did or said. Rylee got a ton of great gifts (super cute clothes, Wii games, Rapunzel toys, a pink IPOD and all sorts of other fun stuff. She loved everything she got and I was so proud of her for saying thank you and hugging everyone after she opened their gift. We are so grateful to everyone who came to her party. I would say the party was a sucess!
Update on some things Parker is doing. His new thing is climbing up in his chair and buckling the straps all by himself. It makes me so nervous that he will fall backwards but he refuses to let me do it now. Such a big boy. He is talking SO good. He asks for milk, water, says up and down, says hug, dog, horse, duck, basically tries to repeat almost every word we say. I forgot how fast they start talking at this age. His skin is also getting better now that we have a perscription lotion and steroid. The school year is almost over at MDS so we are going to send Parker to a different school 2 days a week for the summer. I didn't do this when Rylee was his age but I think he NEEDS it. Mommy needs it ;) He really enjoys going to school and is so so so active I really think it is the right thing to do. PLUS it will give me a chance to do some big kid stuff with Rylee this summer.
| Granna & Pop Pop |
We had so much fun at your party Rylee! :)Happy 5th birthday baby girl! You looked like the most beautiful Rapunzell!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday Rylee! Love you!
ReplyDelete