Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Holidays 2012

Well I am having issues downloading photos at the moment so I will at least give a recap of our holidays since it has been 2 1/2 months since my last entry!  I will add pics when I can.

Halloween was fun this year.  We went to a carnival in our neighborhood then over to a friends for a hay ride and trick or treating.  Rylee dressed up as Merida (the new Disney character from the movie Brave).  She insisted on having the red curly wig however she only wore it for a total of 10 minutes!  JP dressed up as Spiderman.  He has been into Spiderman since the summer and is still all about him! 

Thanksgiving we went to Comfort.  This was our 4th year to go and we love having this tradition for the kids.  There is a parade on the Saturday after Thanksgiving and a festival called "Christmas in Comfort".  For such a small town it is a pretty big deal.  The parade was the highlight however the kids really enjoy the face painting, petting zoo and just recently seeing Santa!  Funny how Rylee was literally terrified of Santa for 5 years and all of the sudden is his BFF!  :)  We enjoyed our visit and look forward to making even more memories each Thanksgiving! 

I just love Christmas! It is my most favorite time of year.  We had a chance to catch up with all of our relatives and partake lots of holiday cheer. Our elf Bizzle came back to visit this year and had lots of tricky new hiding places.  Rylee and Parker had fun each morning trying to see who could find him first.  The kids are spoiled to say the least ;)  They both got everything on their list so they must have been "nice" this year!  We are definitely in clean out and organization mode now.  And when I say we I mean I!  ha ha  They are lucky little kids and I tried very hard this year to teach them how blessed they are and how not everyone is...   I want the kids to love Christmas as much as I do but I really hope as the kids get older we can instill in them that the gift of kindness and giving is much greater than it is to receive.


New things that have happened...

-Rylee has lost 3 teeth already!  2 top and 1 bottom.  It is amazing how much it changes her smile.  Makes me sad :( She is growing up too fast.

-We got a puppy!  Yes we are crazy.  Her name is Luca and we adopted her from the shelter.  We do not know her breed however we believe she will be a mid size dog. The vet says Heeler and Boarder Collie but I have no clue.  She was 3 months old when we got her in October so I assume she is around 5 or 6 months old now. She is super sweet and super smart.  She is already using the doggie door and hasn't had any accidents in a month!  Only when she gets excited ;)  We love her and I am actually glad I caved.  The kids had been asking for a year!

-Rylee joined Daisy Scouts this fall.  She really enjoys it and feel free to hit us up for some Girl Scout cookies ha ha ha. 

-Parker man had his first visit to the dentist.  He did amazing!  He even let them do a cleaning which is not typical for the first appointment but since he was willing they said lets do it!  Both kids actually had exams and cleanings and had great reports! 

-We went to the Texans game mid November with our friends Scott and Kaycee.  We had a blast!!!  Not only did they win but we got to be on tv!  We didn't even realize it until all of our friends started texting us and sending us clips!  So cool!

-Mommy broke her tail bone :(  I took Rylee ice skating the week before Christmas and within the first 5 minutes on the ice WHAP, I feel and broke my bum.  I didn't realize it until the next day when I went to get an x-ray.  All I can say is NOT the bone you want to break!  UGH.  So I have been a little slow these days which isn't the worst thing.  I am usually 100 miles a minute so maybe I needed something to force me to slow down.  Now I am ready for it to heal so I can get back to my GO GO GO life style I am accustom to. :)

Last but not least I want to give a HUGE shout out to my AMAZING husband!  Thank you Adam for working so hard and providing for our family.  2012 has been a huge success for you and I am so proud of you...more than you know!  You are such a wonderful dad and our kids are lucky to have you :)  I love you and honestly don't know what I would do without you.  We are truly blessed.

I hope that everyone has a great 2013 and thank you for keeping up with "Our Family".  One of my resolutions this year is to keep up with my blog more ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment