Wednesday, October 26, 2011

October

Getting ready to dance at the Catfish Festival
 Who in the world has time to blog??? Not me apparently!  October has come and gone practically.  It has been a very busy month and will continue on that way through the holidays I believe.  All fun stuff though so I can't complain ;)  The kids are both doing amazing at school.  Rylee has gained SO much confidence.  One of my favorite things to do is watch her walk into school each morning.  She is so social and always looking for one of her friends.  The other day she was yelling "Hope, Hope".  She ran up to her buddy Hope and they hugged, held hands and walked in together.  She has become really obsessed with getting to school super early.  She always wants to be there FIRST one in her classroom.  Which this never happens.... but the other day on the way to school she goes "Mom, if I didn't have a brother we would get here much earlier".  !!!  It was sort of sad but I also laughed at the same time.  She really thinks HE is the hold up when in fact it is 100% HER!  Anyway she is getting so much better at reading and aces her site words.  I am very impressed with how much she has grown so far.    PS why in the world do they give Kindergartners SO much homework??  It is out of control.  I mean did I have homework in Kindergarten??  doubtful!  I am glad she is learning and attending such a good school but by the time she gets home at 4 she is wiped out. I would say she has at least 30 to 45 min of homework 3 to 4 days a week and it really makes it difficult for her to unwind and be in a good mood.  I am basically having to fight with her to sit and focus each afternoon (after she has been learning all day) to get it done properly.  Not cool in my book :(  Not for a 5 year old at least.  

Rylee danced for the 3rd year in a row at the Conroe Catfish festival.  She did amazing as usual :)  She has really improved even from the recital last June.  I am so proud of my baby girl!!!  She always impresses me with how brave she is.  I will try to upload the video on the blog.  It is too cute!
Parker's first time on a carousel
We went to The Knott's new home in Katy a few weeks ago.  It is such a beautiful home and I know they are VERY happy to finally be moved in.  I can't wait to spend more time over there.  The kids have not seen each other as much as usual this time of year.  With the older kids now in school and involved in other activities it has been difficult trying to find days when we are all free.  Hopefully after the holidays things will slow down and we can hang out more.  We miss you Knott's and Rentfro's!!!!  :)
Parker and Reid truckin around the Knott's new backyard!

Waiting for sis to dance

This cracks me up.  They have been so silly lately.
 This kids have been playing so good together lately.  I mean they still have their moments but it has been fun watching them interact and be silly together.  The other day we had some music playing and the kids started dancing together.  It melted my heart.  I am such a lucky Momma!!!
Dancing to some country music.  Almost made me cry ;)
 My very dear friend Jerre (maid of honor in our wedding), had twins last week.  They were trying though fertility treatments for 4 or 5 years and finally after much anticipation Harper and Dylan are here!  I made a quick trip up to Austin to go meet those little monkeys.  They were so tiny and cute.  Like little baby dolls.  I am so very very happy for the Barton Family.  I know it will be a few months of almost no sleep for them but worth it all!!!
Jerre's twins!  I am holding Harper and Dylan is in the bed.

1 comment:

  1. Donna, I LOVE the color of your wall!!!! How have I not seen it in person? :) I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete