Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Comfort, birthdays and 1st day of school!

Well it looks like the summer has come to an end although it sure does not FEEL like it.  The heat has managed to keep us all pretty much indoors for the past month!  It has even been to hot to swim.  We went to Comfort to visit Dad, Sherry and Tucker the 2nd weekend in August.  Rylee was really looking forward to seeing Mr. Tucker and still doesn't like the fact that he could not come back home with us.  I on the other hand was quickly reminded of why he couldn't!!!  He has really calmed down a lot but the Tucker/Parker relationship is still a little problematic to say the least.  We had a very nice relaxing trip and finally took the kids to see the bats.  There is a bat cave near one of our favorite burger joints and if you get there at the right time you get to see thousands of them come out to feed.  It is really amazing to see.  I was worried that the kids might be scared but they were quite the opposite. 



The bats


My 2 favorite boys!

Parker and I share a birthday week!  Mine is the 15th and his is the 17th.  I think it is pretty cool because the whole week is all about birthdays.  My sweet husband brought me home a dozen hot pink roses and helped a friend of mine surprise me with a girls happy hour :)  Wednesday (which was JP's actual bday) we just had a little celebration at the house with hot dogs, hamburgers and cupcakes.  His main gift from Adam and I and Nanny and Poppy was his big boy bed.  Well actually we just started with a full size box spring and mattress to get him used to it before we buy a frame.  Nonnie and Pop Pop bought him new bedding and his room is now all about sports. I love it!  Parker is doing SO amazing.  I remember having to lock Rylee in her room when we switched her from the crib to a bed because she would not stay in her room.  I think she even feel asleep on the floor one night.  Parker has not even tried to open his bedroom door once! KNOCK ON WOOD :)  He jumps in his bed, we read him a book and tuck him in.  I think he is really excited about it and knows that he is a big boy now. 




Parker's 2nd birthday party was at The Little Gym (a kid place that is basically gymnastics mixed with gymboree). We had Rylee's 2nd birthday party there and I knew it would be a hit with that age group. Parker had about 14 friends show up to celebrate and I think everyone had a great time. Parker was able to run free and explore so he was on cloud nine! We decided to do a cookie cake this year and it was soooo good. I forgot how good they were and I think it ended up being less messy than cupcakes. As we were singing to Parker he was mouthing the words right along with us. He waited patiently for us to finish and then successfully blew out his 2 candles. It was so adorable. He is such a handsome little man and I love his personality. Thank you to everyone who came and all the fun gifts!






Friday we had "meet the teacher" at Rylee's new school. Rylee's new teacher (Ms Liston) seems very nice and I have heard great things about her from friends who had her in past years. Rylee was very shy but I could tell she was excited. Her classroom is adorable and everything about the school looks amazing. It is only about 3 years old and Montgomery ISD in general is a top rated school district so I am very pleased that she gets to go to Madeley Ranch. We live about 5 blocks from the school so maybe when the weather is nice we can walk or ride bikes to and from. Right now we will do the car rider line but she REALLY wants to ride the bus. She cried when I told her that she couldn't. I feel like she is too little but maybe later in the year if she meets some friends that will be on her same bus I will give in. Plus the time it would take us to walk to the bus stop we could already be in the parking lot of the school.


Rylee's first day of Kindergarten was Monday August 22, 2011.  She will graduate from high school in the year 2024!!!!  WHAT?  Crazy.  The first day we get to walk our kids to their classroom.  Rylee was nervous but not near as clingy as she was when we went to "meet the teacher". Parker and I stayed in her classroom to make sure she knew where her cubby was and make sure she got settled at her table. She just said "bye mom" and blew me a kiss.  I am like "that is it"?  She is ok with me just walking out of here?  No arguing or pleading for me to stay??? Not that I wanted that to happen but I wasn't prepared for her to be so brave.  It was so strange getting back to the house without her.  Just me and Parker-Man. I am actually excited about spending a little more 1 on 1 time with him.  Around 3 we went to get in the car rider line (which was ridiculous by the way).  I teared up when I was pulling up to the door in anticipation of hearing about her first day.  She got in the car and was pretty quite at first but then told me all the details.  She loved it!!!  Even made a new friend.  The girl in the purple dress is what she called her :)  Hopefully she will find out her name today. The second day you have to drop them off in the car rider line at the side entrance to the school and they walk in on their own.  She walked in all by herself and didn't even look back. It doesn't sound like much but to me it is SUCH a big deal.  She has become independent overnight!  I can't wait to hear about her 2nd day of Kindergarten.  Boy we will be making some memories this year!!!! I can't wait!

headed to class!

At her "desk"


2nd day

1 comment:

  1. Girl in the purple dress too cute! I am glad she was so brave way to go Riley you are getting so big!!!

    ReplyDelete