Well let me first start off by saying I feel like the worst parent ever considering I didn't video ANY of Christmas and didn't take near enough pics. What was I thinking? I guess I was NOT thinking or just too distracted by the craziness ;) Poor Parker...we have tons of video of Rylee when she was a baby but very very little since Parker has been born.
Now with that off my chest lets talk about Christmas! These kids got SO much stuff. The "big" gift this year was a swing set for the back yard from Nonnie & Pop Pop aka John and Lisa. The kids LOVE it and want to play on it all the time. Parker will go to the door several times a day, grab his shoes "sheez" and point to the door and say "ouusyy" (outside). I am so excited to have something for the kids and their friends to play with outside. It is not one of the super high play sets so I am not so paranoid about them falling. We went to Adam's cousin's house Christmas Eve day to celebrate with the Brahm family. That night we went to John & Lisa's to celebrate with them. Christmas morning we were able to spend with just the 4 of us at home, then to my mom and Wade's for lunch (Prime Rib yum yum) then back home that evening and Nanny & Poppy aka Dad & Sherry came over. WHEW. It was a crazy 2 days but so fun and it is so wonderful to have so many people to share the holidays with. The kids got a ton from Santa. Both kids got Pillow pets, Rylee got a Strawberry Short Cake house, clothes, jewelry box, American Girl doll, Barbies, movies... too much to name. JP got clothes, lots of toys and tools which he loves! We have been struggling with finding toys he will actually play with but the tools were a huge hit. He carries around the hammer 24/7. Thank you so much to everyone for the amazing gifts!!!!! We are so grateful. Now we just need to fine a place to put everything :)
We are looking forward to New Years. We are having our bff's over (Rentfro's & Knott's) to ring in the new year. We always have such a good time and the kids do too! We have been so blessed in 2010 and I can only hope that 2011 will bring just as much joy. These kids are growing up too fast and I want to soak up every second with them.
No comments:
Post a Comment