Wednesday, August 4, 2010

First trip to the Dentist

Rylee had her very first trip to the dentist this past week.  I have waited so long to take her mainly out of fear that she wouldn't cooperate.  I wanted her to be old enough for me to explain it to her and reward her for being a big girl. I wanted her to have a good experience and think about the dentist as positive and not like torture as I have always thought of it!  Anyway... now wishing we might have gone sooner because sure enough she has TWO cavities!!!  I asked them if it was lack of brushing or flossing in fear that it was all my fault.  Luckily they put my mind at ease and said she has very ridgy teeth and it has nothing to do with her oral hygiene. One of them is pretty bad (bottom left molar).  They said they can't believe she isn't in pain because it is so close to the nerve.  She is getting that one filled Aug 10th along with a cleaning.  They gave us a valium to give her an hour before and will give her laughing gas so hopefully it won't totally freak her out!  I am so nervous.  They will do the other filling  (surface of right bottom molar), and seal the top molars and the next visit IF she lets them. 
Rylee getting ready for Gymnastics!


Trying to grow her bangs out so they will be clipped back most of the time.
This month is going to go SO SLOW.  We have nothing planned and it is SO hot outside that leaving the house doesn't sound so appealing.  I took the kids to an indoor playground at this church in The Woodlands Tuesday. It was pretty neat but very crowded and with Parker it was challenging trying to keep him from getting trampled on or picking up pieces of who knows what and putting it in his mouth.  I think next week I am going to try to do some craft time for Rylee but I am really struggling to keep them occupied.  Wish it was Fall already!  At least then being outside wouldn't seem so ridiculous.  Rylee asks all the time when she starts school and more importantly when does she start dance!!!  I love love love that she loves dance.
 
new favorite toy!
Parker is SO silly.  He is always doing funny things to make us laugh.  His new favorite thing is to play with this push bus that was Rylee's when she was a baby.  He is pretty good at it too.  He can get on and off of it with no problem much to my surprise. He is standing now for longer periods of time but still no walking.  He likes to yell at us all the time and we call him a baby dinosaur because that is exactly what he sounds like (or what I imagine that it would sound like) when he does his little scream.  It is pretty funny...that is if you haven't been listening to it all day!  He is so super snuggly.  Everytime I pick him up now he lays his head on my shoulder and even pats me on the back sometimes.  I love it!!! I could just squeeze him until he pops.  My sweet little man is almost 1.  So hard to believe!!!  I love him so much!!!

1 comment:

  1. haha! too cute! i love this last photo! hugs to the whole simmon's family! xoxo

    ReplyDelete